HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Rest in Peace {EE}Mike in Boston. We love you and you will never be forgotten.

Share | 

Garrett....check this out!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
{EE}chEmicalbuRn
Admin

Number of posts : 2470
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Garrett....check this out!!!   May 4th 2010, 09:33

yo Gmoney. good thing you got a PS3 bro. this comes out the 18th.
i gots my preorder in already. puts FoF to shame

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEMxSUGZ6TU

annnndddddd........the multiplayer

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/748481/old-west-game/videos/reddead_trl_freeroam_4710.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Holy Shit!

Number of posts : 1503
Registration date : 2007-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Garrett....check this out!!!   May 15th 2010, 18:17

I got my dollars all ready for this game. Oh yeah thanks for tuning me into it Chemster, looks awesome!

Now where's my dynomite and derringer?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{EE}chEmicalbuRn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Garrett....check this out!!!   May 15th 2010, 20:36

comes out this tuesday. i got your ps3 name in my friends list so we can go romin together
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Holy Shit!

PostSubject: Re: Garrett....check this out!!!   May 15th 2010, 22:12

{EE}chEmicalbuRn wrote:
comes out this tuesday. i got your ps3 name in my friends list so we can go romin together

Yep I saw you on there a few days ago! This is gonna be fun.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Josey Wales
Godlike

Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2007-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Garrett....check this out!!!   May 16th 2010, 23:24

i guess that make 3 of us. i'm getting it too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{EE}chEmicalbuRn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Garrett....check this out!!!   May 17th 2010, 08:33

Josey Wales wrote:

ya baby, plus since its third person hyp and i can play together without that split screen bs. we got 4 ppl to stir some shit up!!!
Back to top Go down
Holy Shit!

PostSubject: Re: Garrett....check this out!!!   May 17th 2010, 11:56

Josey Wales wrote:

Awesome!

flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nutri-Grain
Holy Shit!

Number of posts : 1502
Location : In a big ass house with 2 sweet ass cars and alot of other expensive sick ass shit.
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Garrett....check this out!!!   May 17th 2010, 19:23

ehhh, i might have to spend some of my incredibly hard earned money on this thing.

you guys can't have a wimpy 4 person gang...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holy Shit!

PostSubject: Re: Garrett....check this out!!!   May 18th 2010, 11:32

Nutri-Grain wrote:
ehhh, i might have to spend some of my incredibly hard earned money on this thing.

you guys can't have a wimpy 4 person gang...

Right on!

Gamestop sold out (other than reserve copies) so I went next door to Target. They had to crack open the boxload in the back for me, but I got a copy.

Oh yeah. geek

G.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{EE}chEmicalbuRn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Garrett....check this out!!!   May 18th 2010, 13:27

picked up my preordered copy about an hour ago. ill be playing at like 6pm. have to go to work.....DAMN IT
Back to top Go down
kaaaalllllllll
Monster Kill

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Garrett....check this out!!!   May 18th 2010, 15:33

since everyone here is getting it im very tempted to spend some of my graduation money to get it lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holy Shit!

PostSubject: Re: Garrett....check this out!!!   May 18th 2010, 17:47

The first half-hour of single player starts out a bit slow, but don't worry. Just follow the lady around as instructed and don't get side-tracked, it's kind of your tutorial to get you used to the game. Once you get to Armadillo and meet her back at the General Store, you'll be left on your own to explore the town and check in with the Sheriff. Go with him and confront the bad guys. Don't forget to LOOT the bodies that you've shot, and check out the hideout for lockboxes full of cash. The sheriff will leave you and head back to town, and you are on your own from there. Listen for gunfire, you'll come across all kinds of side jobs from that point forward. I saved a treasure hunter and got the treasure map, kept a guy from getting hanged, fist fought a guy trying to steal my horse, saved a farmer and his daughter from getting raped, won a bird shooting challenge out in the desert....all before I made it back to Armadillo. Just have a look around, and pay attention to the map. Don't be afraid to explore and take the long way back to town.
Check back in with the Sheriff, he'll have plenty of work for you to do! Lots of side jobs available from citizens in the streets and in town. Ive got enough money now for the whore house, Im gonna see if i can get laid when I get back to town!

Quick tips:
1. the treausre is at "Hangmans Rock", have a look behind the biggest rocks behind the noose tree.
2. whistle for your horse, he'll come and you get "loyalty" points and your horse upgraded if you stick to the same horse and not just ride off on a random one.
3. Don't shoot everyone you come across...or a bounty will get put on your head that you'll have to either pay for or get a pardon for. Ask me how I know! Take you time to figure what is going on before you pull your rifle out.
4. Shoot birds, Rams, deer and wolves. Skin them for cash later at the taxedermy in town. Don't shoot the wild horses.
5. Your horse will make better time if you stick to the trails, although you may need to cut across the desert from time to time.
6. Online, it will take multiple shots to kill your target. Ive already seen Solid Snake online! That guy gets around lol. I'm still trying to figure out how you join specific games and get around in multiplayer.

That is all I've learned in the three hours I've played it so far, great game! I recommend it.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{EE}chEmicalbuRn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Garrett....check this out!!!   May 18th 2010, 18:03

i got the strategy guide with it as i always do. they do a really nice job with them and usually have a cool map inside. i have the map hanging on my tv room wall right now. had to take down the assassins creed 2 map. i love having the strategy guide, that way you make sure you get to do every little thing the game has to offer. chem likes to get his money's worth. i need to find my bluetooth headset and sink it to my PS3 so i can talk to you guys while playing the MP. but im gonna get some solid SP tjime in first.
G, did you run across any darringers yet?
Back to top Go down
ninojman
Killing Spree

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Garrett....check this out!!!   May 19th 2010, 10:56

I'll wait for the PC version.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{EE}chEmicalbuRn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Garrett....check this out!!!   May 19th 2010, 11:11

ninojman wrote:

man i wish there was gonna be one. but, i read this....

"In the April edition of Game Informer, Red Dead Redemption was listed as being for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC. Despite the listing, Rockstar confirmed that there is no PC version currently in development"
Back to top Go down
{EE}chEmicalbuRn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Garrett....check this out!!!   May 19th 2010, 11:13

the game is amazing. there's so much to do, i was up until 1:30 last night playing until i couldnt keep my eyes open any more and i havent even scratched the surface of the game. ill admit aiming with the game pad knobs is REAALLY frustrating, but ill get used to it.
Back to top Go down
{EE} Uncle Rico
Admin

Number of posts : 1249
Location : Beside a van in a field throwing footballs at a video camera
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Garrett....check this out!!!   May 19th 2010, 11:14

{EE}chEmicalbuRn wrote:
ninojman wrote:

man i wish there was gonna be one. but, i read this....

"In the April edition of Game Informer, Red Dead Redemption was listed as being for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC. Despite the listing, Rockstar confirmed that there is no PC version currently in development"
Well that's just gay as hell.

View user profile
Holy Shit!

PostSubject: Re: Garrett....check this out!!!   May 19th 2010, 21:37

[quote=)G, did you run across any darringers yet?[/quote]

Not so far!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holy Shit!

PostSubject: Re: Garrett....check this out!!!   May 19th 2010, 21:43

{EE}chEmicalbuRn wrote:
the game is amazing. there's so much to do, i was up until 1:30 last night playing until i couldnt keep my eyes open any more and i havent even scratched the surface of the game. ill admit aiming with the game pad knobs is REAALLY frustrating, but ill get used to it.

Me too! I played it until my eyes bled yesterday. As Chem said, there is sooooo much to do in single player, that you have to discipline yourself to just do what is on your plate and not get too sidetracked on side jobs or just running around checking the world out running into even more side jobs. Amazing! I played online last night as well, and you don't just have to battle other online players, you can go to gang hideouts as an individual or pair up in a group and battle against some smart as hell A.I. gangs And they come in waves, the little bastards! Online, it is important to figure out how to use the transportation centers (more like signposts) to get around quickly, or you'll spend all night on horseback.

As Chem said, barely scratched the surface so far.

Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{EE}chEmicalbuRn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Garrett....check this out!!!   May 20th 2010, 09:14

did you buy the deed to the property for the guy who wants to build a well/irigation system?

last night i pressed X too many time on my house and it bucked me off, so i shot it and skinned it, Hyp got so upset with me, she was almost in tears. i had to revert back to an old save point(which was only about 2 minutes back, so wasnt a big deal)

im still trying to get my "deadly assissins" outfit that i was able to unlock with my preorder. problem is, the third step in the mission is to kill a guy, but he's nowhere to be found. im starting to think the whole thing is just a cruel joke by Rockstar
Back to top Go down
Holy Shit!

PostSubject: Re: Garrett....check this out!!!   May 20th 2010, 21:32

{EE}chEmicalbuRn wrote:
did you buy the deed to the property for the guy who wants to build a well/irigation system?

I sure did, and he will pay you for it and more when you return the deed to him!

Ive noticed a few things.
1) If you get your actual paper map out that comes with the game and ride to the "Danger" points on the map (marked with kind of a K or an X) and find your way to those points in game, you'll find gang members hideouts. You'll fight them solo or sometimes with a local sheriff for bounty, fame and you'll get to loot the bodies for cash.

2) Also take the time to zoom in on the map in game to see little unmarked towns/ranches in each county. Ride to them and you will find either populated areas with side jobs or abandoned towns/ranches with loot in boxes if you look around. Usally only one box of loot in an abandoned town/ranch. If you find a populated town, dont loot the boxes you find, or the locals will get the sheriff and you'll either kill the snitch or the sherriff (and get a bounty on your head) or give up and spend a few nights in jail in the town of Armadillo. Ask me how I know!
There is a mining town in Northern "Gaptooth Ridge" county where you can either enter the mine by walking strait in, or drop down into the mine via a player activated mine elevator north of the town up on the hilltop. When you get out of the bucket it's gunfight time with the miners! Shoot the TNT you find in the mines to blow them up or just shoot them and loot them for $$.

3) Shoot and skin the wolves and cougars for big dollars. Foxes get you good cash too, as well as coyotes.

4) If you run across a guy who needs your help to save a buddy or his wife from a hanging, when you get there don't immidiatly shoot the bad guys, SHOOT THE HANGMANS ROPE FIRST to save the hostage (use slow-motion mode). Then blast the bad guys. I just figured that out.

5) I do well at horse shoes (have you played anyone yet?) for cash but have lost my ass playing blackjack and poker! Even with his fancy poker clothes on.

I've found three treasures with the treasure maps so far, how about you? The fourth is frigging hard to find! Looking for the fourth, I ended up running across a cannibal along the river in Rio Bravo county. He waved at me like they do asking you to "sit a spell" and then whipped out his pistol. I blasted him to hell! You can rescue the guy he was getting ready to eat for dollars and a big Fame increase. Let me know if you can't find any of these treasures or the cannibal and I'll let you know where they are. If i have questions, I'll have you look into your big cheaters book for me! Laughing I may have to, I can't find the buried treasure along the river there so far. But don't tell me yet! I want to look for it some more first. Game play help is one thing, secrets is another. If I've spoiled anything with what I've written here, let me know and I'll leave out the detail next time we post.

Great game, and I've STILL yet to explore but two out of eight or nine counties! Unreal size to the single player part of this game, a nice change as so many of the shooters are 80% online based anymore with just a small single player portion. Not this game! And the online game covers the entire area of the single player game! Frigging endless possibilities for different shootouts online.

Where's my derringer?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{EE}chEmicalbuRn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Garrett....check this out!!!   May 21st 2010, 09:13

well, im still in hunt for my preorder "gift" . i thought i was the only one not able to find this "Mo van Barr" guy to kill him but i was reading through some forums and oohhhh man. ppl are fucking pissed as hell. theres a bug in the game that doesnt allow you to even have a chance to kill this guy if you dont do a certain list of things in the correct order....waiting for rockstar to patch it. in the meantime ive done a shit load of bounties(hoping to get the Mo vanBarr one), played some poker, 5 finger filet. did the Bonnie quests(not my wife, the Bonnie in the game) bought my property in armadillo so i can save my game there and sleep. skinned a shit load of animals and are working on my sharpshooter leveling up stuff. tbh, i havent even starting following the strategy guide yet because of this assissin's outfit dibockle(sp?). played a lil MP yesterday too. thats fun, cant wait to get in there with you G. like old times
Back to top Go down
Holy Shit!

PostSubject: Re: Garrett....check this out!!!   May 22nd 2010, 11:21

{EE}chEmicalbuRn wrote:
well, im still in hunt for my preorder "gift" . i thought i was the only one not able to find this "Mo van Barr" guy to kill him but i was reading through some forums and oohhhh man. ppl are fucking pissed as hell. theres a bug in the game that doesnt allow you to even have a chance to kill this guy if you dont do a certain list of things in the correct order....waiting for rockstar to patch it. in the meantime ive done a shit load of bounties(hoping to get the Mo vanBarr one), played some poker, 5 finger filet. did the Bonnie quests(not my wife, the Bonnie in the game) bought my property in armadillo so i can save my game there and sleep. skinned a shit load of animals and are working on my sharpshooter leveling up stuff. tbh, i havent even starting following the strategy guide yet because of this assissin's outfit dibockle(sp?). played a lil MP yesterday too. thats fun, cant wait to get in there with you G. like old times

Thats the thing about this game. Over just the last three days, I've played at least 15 hours single player and just yesterday stumbled across the storyline again. By accident lol! I've got three properties, played poker/horeshoes/blackjack/five-"Funky_Finger"-fillet (Funky_Finger is my PS3 name) and skinned truckloads of critters. Frigging cougars have killed my horse out from under me twice while riding off trails looking for those herbs tho. Saved folks from robbers, shot bastards and all the rest. Like I mentioned, Ive just gotten back onto the storyline again. This game is unique, you have free reign to do what you want.

By the way, completing the bonuses (treasure/hunter/clothes) allows you to purchase better weapons at the gunsmith) Just got myself the double-barrell shotty. Just as you'd expect, shit at distance but killer at close range.

Check it out, if you headshot a guy with rifle or pistol go roll his body over and squat down to look at the back of his head. JFK like exit wounds, yuk!

Regarding the game guide, I'll probably do the game with no help to completion. Then I'll go buy the book and play the game again doing the extra's that I missed. That way I'll get a bit more game time. This time I'm taking the "Honor" route, next time I'll kill and rob everyone I come across! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{EE}chEmicalbuRn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Garrett....check this out!!!   May 23rd 2010, 09:46

its funny, since i started doing stuff waiting for Mo van Barr to show up on the bounty board, i havent even used the guide. hours just go by doing random stuff. you should by a horse from Bonnie's garret. that way you get the deed and you can "summon" the horse at anytime even after it gets killed by a fucking bitch ass cougar. i was working on my sharpshooter stuff last night. picking off birds from the top of the moving train. i have 3 rifles, smith carbine, winchester, and i just got the springfield.

my only complaints at this point(besides the preorder bonus BS) is the minor texture glitches here and there, game has crashed on me 4 times now, and the bounties are all question marks. i mean really, how hard would it have been to load a 1000 random names into the code as bounty names, and i wish they made the game like Oblivion where you can interact with anybody, other than that, i think the game is spot on.
Back to top Go down
Holy Shit!

PostSubject: Re: Garrett....check this out!!!   May 24th 2010, 16:56

{EE}chEmicalbuRn wrote:
its funny, since i started doing stuff waiting for Mo van Barr to show up on the bounty board, i havent even used the guide. hours just go by doing random stuff. you should by a horse from Bonnie's garret. that way you get the deed and you can "summon" the horse at anytime even after it gets killed by a fucking bitch ass cougar. i was working on my sharpshooter stuff last night. picking off birds from the top of the moving train. i have 3 rifles, smith carbine, winchester, and i just got the springfield.

my only complaints at this point(besides the preorder bonus BS) is the minor texture glitches here and there, game has crashed on me 4 times now, and the bounties are all question marks. i mean really, how hard would it have been to load a 1000 random names into the code as bounty names, and i wish they made the game like Oblivion where you can interact with anybody, other than that, i think the game is spot on.

I got the lasso from Bonnie and helped her catch/break horses on her property and that earned me the Stallion for free. But it's "normal speed" and you need a fast speed horse to win the race with. So I bought the deed to the "fast" Kentucky horse (when it unlocked) and that's my ride now.

I havent done the train yet, thanks for reminding me!

Regarding the bounties, mine all have faces and names on the bounty sheet that you can inspect before accepting the challenge. Then you can open your menu using the select key and look at the bounty again any time you want (until youve killed/captured him). I've played 20 hours so far (open the "Start" button menu and check your "Stats") with no crashes yet and no glitches. That preorder version of your has some problems!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Garrett....check this out!!!   

Back to top Go down

Garrett....check this out!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next