HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Rest in Peace {EE}Mike in Boston. We love you and you will never be forgotten.

Share | 

Black Ops

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nutri-Grain
Holy Shit!

Number of posts : 1502
Location : In a big ass house with 2 sweet ass cars and alot of other expensive sick ass shit.
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Black Ops   November 1st 2010, 16:18

Anyone gonna get this thing? I was skeptical at first just because Treyarch usually sucks more dicks than IW but it doesn't look half bad. The only reason I could see this game being worth buying is because of the dedicated servers. The customization aspects are also pretty awesome and the game modes where the top 3 players win money and bankrupt everyone else appeal to me because everyone else SUCKS.

Thoughts? Opinions? Rage?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{EE}chEmicalbuRn
Admin

Number of posts : 2470
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops   November 1st 2010, 18:02

well i would have to disagree with you on the treyarch comment. IW fucked the entire PC gamer market with MW2 and has done jack shit to control hackers. they did a great job with MW1 tho. i think WaW was a fantastic game so the only reason i would buy this new release is because its treyarchs. i just cant see myself buying it tho. COD has just gotten SOOOO mainstream it pretty much imploded on itself. ppl that dont regularly game will still be in line at midnight to get it. there is an entire website dedicated to making hacks for BO so the hacks will start immediatly. my thoughts:

1-character customization, very cool.(pro)
2-money games, but that will just be breading ground for hackers(pros and cons)
3-record feature(pro, because you can record from other players POV, this will help catch hackers)
4-dedicated servers are back, thank God(pro)
5-typical COD audience(big con)
6-level ups earn you the weapons YOU want, not a structured level up system.(pro)

so, idk. i guess i will wait to see how it pans out

Holy Shit!

Number of posts : 1503
Registration date : 2007-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops   November 5th 2010, 19:43

I'm gonna get it for my PS3.

So there!

geek
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{EE}chEmicalbuRn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops   November 6th 2010, 07:40

Garrett wrote:
I'm gonna get it for my PS3.

So there!

geek

tsk tsk tsk. shooters on console = fail. dont do it man. stay strong.

Holy Shit!

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops   November 7th 2010, 00:13

No way man, I'm in with both feet! Once you get used to the controls, console shooters are ALMOST as fun as PC. But the clincher is the lack of hackers on consoles, everyone is on an even footing. So we are all burdened with the controller on an equal level.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{EE}chEmicalbuRn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops   November 7th 2010, 08:56

Garrett wrote:
No way man, I'm in with both feet! Once you get used to the controls, console shooters are ALMOST as fun as PC. But the clincher is the lack of hackers on consoles, everyone is on an even footing. So we are all burdened with the controller on an equal level.

i hear ya homie. i just cant do. as much as i try. i have gotten a little more used to the controls with respect to shooters, but i just dont feel as satisfied. its like all effort and no fun. mouse and keyboard is just so natural. i would love to be able to play on PS3. my work friends all do, and to be able to play on my big screen with the home theatre would be awesome.

Holy Shit!

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops   November 7th 2010, 18:53

Damn that would be awesome Chem. Too bad you dislike console shooters so much, you've got a killer setup for it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{EE}chEmicalbuRn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops   November 8th 2010, 09:21

its not that i dislike them so much, its just that i feel i can get a much more accurate, fine tuned aiming experience on the PC. and lets face it, when playing shooters, thats a pretty big part of the game.

Holy Shit!

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops   December 13th 2010, 21:30

Another thing I don't like about Black ops? If you are playing multiplayer "Domination" on the Amercian team, you get yelled at in Ebonics. If you've played it, you damn well know what I'm talking about! Why did they do that? Couldnt they have made the game with a black guy yelling WITHOUT it sounding like he's got no education?
Laughing

Here is a Christmans compilation that "Black Op's black guy" would own.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV283RxLCKg

rendeer santa rendeer santa rendeer santa lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{EE}chEmicalbuRn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops   December 13th 2010, 22:03

Garrett wrote:
Another thing I don't like about Black ops? If you are playing multiplayer "Domination" on the Amercian team, you get yelled at in Ebonics. If you've played it, you damn well know what I'm talking about! Why did they do that? Couldnt they have made the game with a black guy yelling WITHOUT it sounding like he's got no education?
Laughing

the reason for that is because of the COD audience. you put intelligence conversation in there and ppl wouldnt understand it.

edit: btw. In Living Color=one of the best shows ever made. i watched it religiously in high school

Holy Shit!

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops   December 26th 2010, 23:14

Thats it. I'm done with Black ops multiplayer. It sucks! The maps suck especially, but the sounds suck (everything either sounds lame or sounds the same) and the multiplayer graphics are TERRIBLE! I've now played the single player (not all the way through yet) and it's as if the multiplayer part of the game was done by a different developer. I'll probably finish up the single player part of the game and return it to Gamestop.

COD World at War = awesome. I've downloaded all of the multiplayer add on expansion map packs.

COD Modern Warfare 2 = awesome. Ive downloaded all of the multiplayer add on expansion map packs.

COD Modern Warfare Black Ops = Beer bottle coaster. Fucking wasted $60.00. I'd wipe my ass on it but it is not worthy of my ass wipe. Know what I mean Vern?

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holy Shit!

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops   January 2nd 2011, 16:24

Im gonna have to walk my last post back a bit Been playing quite a lot of Black Ops multiplayer lately. More details later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holy Shit!

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops   January 25th 2011, 12:29

As Chem noted, the customizable weapon colors, face paint, logo shit is kinda fun. But a full half of the maps get voted to "skip" every time they come up for a vote, making the rest of the maps played out in short order. What does that tell you? So I quickly ranked up to 5 star general and then have not played online since. I'll wait for a new map pack to come out and then get back into it I guess. It's a shame that half of the multiplayer maps are SO bad that the online community won't even waste their time playing them. But like I said in an earlier post, the map designs suck! Seems like I'm not the only one who thinks so.

The one improvement Black Ops made over Modern Warfare 2 is that you don't get fucking knifed from 10 yards away like you do in MW2. That is a big fix! In MW2, dudes run around in ninja mode with nothing but a tactical knife and stab you from an acre away as you blast him with a machine gun running full metal jacket. But somehow you die and he ends up with 50 kills in a 20 minute game. LAME!! Evil or Very Mad That's just stupid. So kudos to Black Ops for fixing that issue.

Another thing is that the "starter weapons" you initially get are so lame in Black Ops, it frustrates new players to the point of quitting. You can't even hardly defend yourself. Other weapons you unlock go almost unplayed, like shotguns and heavy machine guns because they are about useless. So everyone runs around with the same weapons, the AK-74 with rapid fire and the Commando with a noob tube. In Modern warfare 2 , gamers get lots of different weapon play (depending what map comes up), all the way from machine pistols to sniper rifles to heavy machine guns. In Black Ops, Treyarch dropped the ball big time. The designers should take note of what maps and what weapons get no play and then make changes from there.

Just a suggestion!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops   

Back to top Go down

Black Ops
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1