HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Rest in Peace {EE}Mike in Boston. We love you and you will never be forgotten.

Share | 

Black Ops vs. World at War

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Holy Shit!

Number of posts : 1503
Registration date : 2007-09-22

PostSubject: Black Ops vs. World at War   December 3rd 2010, 01:24

I just picked up COD Black ops new and COD World at War used at Gamestop today. I just played them both back to back for the last 5 hours and World at War beats Black ops hands down. No comparison. I guess that I'm just not a fan of the way Treyarch made the new version of Modern Warfare, because Black ops comes across as a bit novice looking this time. Funny, because they put together World at War and it looks and works well. Whereas the multiplayer characters in both World at War (and Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare 2) integrate into the terrain seamlessly and just seem to fit into the world, the characters in Black ops seem to act a bit jumpy/skippy/laggy and "pop" out of the background environment in an artificial looking manner. The maps for Black ops just aren't as good as World at War (or Modern Warfare 2 for that matter), and this is an honest comparison because I've just experienced COD World at War gameplay and maps for the first time tonight. In a non-related subject, I also prefer the Infinity Ward version of weapon setup/rankup and tag choices etc. It just seems to be presented more clearly and in an easier to use manner for old and slow retards like myself. Just sayin'!

I paid $16.00 for a used World at War and of course laid out almost $60 large and full price for Black Ops. Bummer! Evil or Very Mad

Oh well, I'll get my money's worth if I have to grit my teeth and just bear it. I can't say that I'll skip Treyarch products from here on out because I do like World at War. I guess they had the B-Team put Black Ops together this time. And I'm still impressed with Infinity Ward. Of the three, they get my vote for the best version of this game so far. The graphics are crisp, the characters fit seamlessly into the environment and the maps are creative and look the most realistic.

But opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one so make up your own mind for yourselves!

Regards,

Garrett
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holy Shit!

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops vs. World at War   December 3rd 2010, 01:26

Oh yeah, thanks Chem for turning me onto World at War! I see hours of time wasted playing this game. And it looks like I'll enjoy every bit of it! The flamethrower is awesome! You can set the enemy on fire and then run up to them and knife them before they croak. lolz!!

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{EE}chEmicalbuRn
Admin

Number of posts : 2470
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops vs. World at War   December 3rd 2010, 10:15

rule #1:

NEVER buy a new game at gamestop unless its something you have been waiting for months for and have preordered for some bonus stuff. something most ppl dont realize, any used game you buy at game stop can be returned within 7 days of purchase for a FULL refund. dont like it? return it, all your money back. cant do that with new games, but you can trade it in, you'll prolly get 1/2 what you paid tho. on simple games, ill buy it used, beat it in 7 days and get my money back, then buy a different game with that money. bounce

rule #2:

get their powerup card, used to be called the edge card but they changed it. get the pro edition, its costs like $20 for a year. you'll make your money back the instant you get because you get 2 years of game informer magazine, best mag ever, i salivate at the mailbox around the 19th of every month. plus you get 10-20% more for returned games, and 10-20% off when you buy used games. PLUS they have a point system now, every time you buy something you get points that add up. like credit card miles. i mean, if you're gonna be buying things there why not get points for it. i love that store, sometimes ill just go in there and stare at the games. lol

the COD thing, Treyarch didnt have their B team working on BO, they had their A team working with the instructions to dumb it down as much as possible. appeal to the masses of noob COD fans and make millions. any way, i knew you would love WaW. Ill see if i can pick it up cheap so i can play with ya.

Holy Shit!

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops vs. World at War   December 6th 2010, 12:45

Good advice Chem, the dude at gamestop sold me on the power card. And I got to walk out the door with latest version of the magazine. I decided to get the electronic version to cut down on my mailbox clutter. I can access it with my iPhone anytime I'm on the road as well.

Get World at War and we can shoot it up! I'm on in the mornings tho, til about noon most days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{EE}chEmicalbuRn
Admin

Number of posts : 2470
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops vs. World at War   December 6th 2010, 22:37

Garrett wrote:
Good advice Chem, the dude at gamestop sold me on the power card. And I got to walk out the door with latest version of the magazine. I decided to get the electronic version to cut down on my mailbox clutter. I can access it with my iPhone anytime I'm on the road as well.

Get World at War and we can shoot it up! I'm on in the mornings tho, til about noon most days.

ya, the E version probably works well with you cause of your little black berry toy, but there's something i love about the "hard copy" would never trade it for the E. i love laying in bed reading it, plus they are really nice collectors items. plus i like to read the old copies and see how their predictions turned out. Its not mailbox clutter. just think of kicking back in your UPS plane on auto pilot and reading about games.......anyway, mornings is cool wid me, i work 1-10pm so mornings are better. ill try and get that this week.

Holy Shit!

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops vs. World at War   December 8th 2010, 17:25

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops vs. World at War   

Back to top Go down

Black Ops vs. World at War
View previous topic View next topic Back to top