HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Rest in Peace {EE}Mike in Boston. We love you and you will never be forgotten.

Share | 

Just got this game for PS3.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Holy Shit!

Number of posts : 1503
Registration date : 2007-09-22

PostSubject: Just got this game for PS3.   February 2nd 2011, 22:44

I'd say it is better than COD. Any other opinions?

It is more realistic, it is more team based with folks working together (especially when you play to destroy/defend the com stations), the maps are HUGE, the vehicles are not perks, they are available for anyone to use, the graphics look more realistic than COD, especially better than Black Ops multiplayer, and the games last 30 minutes. I also like the ability to "spot" enemies. This is a rudimentary but very effective way to communicate the positions of the enemy to your teammates, and as a bonus you get skill points as an assist when those enemies are taken out! I get as many "spotter" points as an assault class as I do camping it up as a sniper. It is VERY helpful and your team has a distinct advantate if your team members take the time to spot enemies for each other. I like this game a lot!

COD has the advantage as far as just getting in game to shoot something up, especially if you can't commit yourself to being part of a squad and hours of gameplay.

Other than that, BFBC2 seems to be developed more for an adult, COD for the pre-pubescent with short attention spans who like to cuss and swear and listen to themselves sing over the microphone. I've heard non of that on BC2 to date. How refreshing!

The issue so far with BC2 has been the ability to connect to their servers. I've had issues on and off with this game, and reading the EA forums, so has everyone else. It has reached the boiling point with some, and it will drive away customers into the arms of the COD enterprise simply because when folks want to play online they expect to do so without all of the issues. And with COD, it is rarely ever a problem. At least on a PS3 console.

Regards,

G.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{EE}chEmicalbuRn
Admin

Number of posts : 2470
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Just got this game for PS3.   February 3rd 2011, 09:17

BFBC2 is so far and away better than COD 6 and/or 7 its really a joke. BFBC2 is for real gamers and COD is for kids. now, COD 4 and 5 are in the same ball park as BFBC2, just different play styles. MW1 and WaW are more close range fighting where BF is bigger, and takes more strategy. kids dont like it becuase you arent slammed with perks and level up BS every 5 mins. here's a pretty good parady done by "people can fly" who developed Bulletstorm which is comint out this month

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3lYpDn7pik&feature=related

Holy Shit!

PostSubject: Re: Just got this game for PS3.   February 8th 2011, 14:16

lol!

"Rank up!: Master Sergeant Shooter Sergeant Person!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holy Shit!

PostSubject: Re: Just got this game for PS3.   February 10th 2011, 02:47

Two things I hate about both COD and Battlefield is:

(1) The grenade launcher. That weapon is so weak you might as well be shooting gummi bears at your enemies. Worthless! Somehow in Battlefield you can take out a rooftop and half of the second floor of a building with one nade, but if you drop one of these at the feet of a bad guy who is hacking one of your com stations, he'll survive and probably shoot you dead as you reload for another shot. Evil or Very Mad

(2) Sniper rifles. I'm used to Day of Defeat, where if you get a good shot off, the enemy is dead. In these games, you can head shot a guy and unless he's been previously wounded, he'll survive and continue to fight. I guess they dumbed the power of snipers down because unlike DoD, everyone in both Battlefield and CoD can spawn as snipers and everyone would do so if it was an almost guaranteed one shot kill. I guess that is another shortcoming of both games, which lead me to...

(3)...that everyone can spawn as snipers aka "BushWookies" lol! . So when you are trying to attack a position, a lot of times your team will have something stupid like seven snipers, an engineer, three medics and one assault. Effectively you have three guys actually trying to accomplish something and the rest are in the back forty camping it up and trying to get a random kill here or there. I HATE THAT SHIT! I know it would make the little kids sad, but in three squads consisting of four men each, only one person per squad should be able to spawn as a sniper. I DO like the physics of Battlefield where you have to consider the distance and bullet drop to be on target. That is cool. Much better than the "hold your breath" stuff with Call of Duty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holy Shit!

PostSubject: Re: Just got this game for PS3.   April 5th 2011, 22:27

I'm still wearing this game out! Saw Chemster playing some COD with the Black ops new expansion pack (cant remember the name). So I jumped into the "Radiation" map and just ended up playing for about 15 minutes. It no longer entertains me the way the Battlefield Bad Co. 2 does. Not even close. And I'm still convinced that COD Modern Warfare is FAR SUPERIOR to Black ops. I'd be curious to see the sales figures on the expansion pack for Black ops. Black Op's sold well because people LOVED Modern Warfare 2. Now that Black ops has been out for quite some time and it seems the opinion is that folks are a bit dissappointed, I'd bet that the expansion pack for Black Ops is a weak seller. Sales may pick up when the price drops to about $9.00 or less, then it may be worth it.

We'll see, and I may be wrong about sales so far. Perhaps the expansion pack is a raving success! What the hell do I know.

Anyone who own it wish to share their opinion? More of the same or a mindblower?

In the meantime, I'll be keeping my homies out of D.N.S as a medic, running around with my shotty on Africa Harbor domination.

Or I'll be an Engineer with my tracer pistol and rockets on my favorite map, "Heavy Metal" domination. HUGE area to battle in.

I hope that Battlefield 3 is near as good as 2. If they pull a "Black Ops" on me I'll throw my Playstation out into the street.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{EE}chEmicalbuRn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just got this game for PS3.   April 6th 2011, 10:25

lol, i cant believe i actually play BO as much as i do. i got it because all my friends at work play. most nights we will have a full lobby of just Fedex ppl playing. i do have a blast with that and we actually smoke a lot of teams. we won one game of domination 200-5. starting to get used to the controller aiming, but it will never be as good as the M&KB. about a week into playing with my fedex buddies on BO one of them was giving me shit about how i was struggling. i just told him how i dont play console shooters and i would be more than willing to give him one week of practice playing hl2dm on PC and then we could 1v1 3 games of both BO on console and hl2dm on PC. wager one week's pay on who ever gets the highest kill total. lol, he backed down. is just entertainment where as battlefield is an actual game. BO is fun as hell when you go in and fuck with noobs that think they are some kind of gaming God cause they are 10th prestige.

Holy Shit!

PostSubject: Re: Just got this game for PS3.   April 9th 2011, 10:50

{EE}chEmicalbuRn wrote:
lol, i cant believe i actually play BO as much as i do. i got it because all my friends at work play. most nights we will have a full lobby of just Fedex ppl playing. i do have a blast with that and we actually smoke a lot of teams. we won one game of domination 200-5. starting to get used to the controller aiming, but it will never be as good as the M&KB. about a week into playing with my fedex buddies on BO one of them was giving me shit about how i was struggling. i just told him how i dont play console shooters and i would be more than willing to give him one week of practice playing hl2dm on PC and then we could 1v1 3 games of both BO on console and hl2dm on PC. wager one week's pay on who ever gets the highest kill total. lol, he backed down. is just entertainment where as battlefield is an actual game. BO is fun as hell when you go in and fuck with noobs that think they are some kind of gaming God cause they are 10th prestige.

Too true! It's wholly different from playing hl2dm or DoD. But it is still VERY fun. How is that Black Ops add on? Any good or don't waste my money?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{EE}chEmicalbuRn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just got this game for PS3.   April 10th 2011, 10:02

4 mp maps and 1 zombie map.

1-stadium---fun, its like playing firing range.
2-discovery---not too bad, very linear tho
3-berlin wall---very nice map. feels like a WaW map.
4-kowloon---really nice map. seems small at first but theres a ton of ways you can move about the map.

if you still play BO a lot i would say its worth it. but if you still arent sick of the normal maps then i would hold off on buying it.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just got this game for PS3.   

Back to top Go down

Just got this game for PS3.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1