HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Rest in Peace {EE}Mike in Boston. We love you and you will never be forgotten.

Share | 

Need new shit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ninojman
Killing Spree

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Need new shit   September 19th 2011, 21:15

Wondering if anyone can help me find some new parts for my PC.....or at least the parts that are upgraded. My mobo is about to shit the bed.

I will not have a lot of time, until the spring so waiting for a good part to go down in price would be great.

ATM the only parts worth keeping are two nvidia 9800 gts's with sli, a 900 watt? power supply i had to buy so I could run one of the cards on this system. And a 27 inch monitor.

Need a new mobo with sli etc. I don't follow PC parts that closely so if you have any ideas let me know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{EE}chEmicalbuRn
Admin

Number of posts : 2470
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Need new shit   September 20th 2011, 18:07

well the biggest issue off the bat is finding one that is compatible with your CPU and RAM. the newer ones have different slots for the CPU. you can still use the GPU's although those are a bit old. all mobos support sli now you dont have to worry about that. your monitor doesnt use any power from the PSU it has its own power source. btw, what makes you think its the mobo and not something else?

ninojman
Killing Spree

PostSubject: Re: Need new shit   September 21st 2011, 08:03

i am looking to replace everything but the vcards and powersupply. Those are the only thing up-to-date. I don't think the rest is worth keeping. Or at least using for gaming.

Maybe the ram is worth keeping, I will post what it is later
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{EE}chEmicalbuRn
Admin

Number of posts : 2470
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Need new shit   September 21st 2011, 11:40

most likely you wont be able to keep the RAM, but RAM is dirt ass cheap now. it really all just depends on what you want to spend. do you have a full size case?

ninojman
Killing Spree

PostSubject: Re: Need new shit   September 21st 2011, 22:40

I have a few, that I can get no problem. Not trying to spend 3 grand. But if I can get something to last a while. Run bf3 etc. big HDD is important due to video editting
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The New Guy
Wicked Sick

Number of posts : 595
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Need new shit   September 23rd 2011, 22:27

10:24 PM - {EE} The New Goy™: his goal is RAGe
10:24 PM - {EE} The New Goy™: he is a ID fan
10:24 PM - KILLER_K: hmmm
10:24 PM - KILLER_K: he can get a 2600k and a board for around 500 bucks
10:24 PM - KILLER_K: 8Gb or ram for another 50 bucks
10:25 PM - KILLER_K: so $550 shipped to him from newegg and he use his drives and gpu''s
10:25 PM - KILLER_K: depending if he has ddr3 he may can use his old ram
10:26 PM - KILLER_K: 300 for chip, like 200 for board, can get it for less and 50 for ram
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://evil-empire.forum-2007.com/
The New Guy
Wicked Sick

PostSubject: Re: Need new shit   September 23rd 2011, 22:28

So what is your budget Nino? and what is the refresh rate of your Display? That refresh rate value is the minimum FPS you will want from your hardware.
Back to top Go down
ninojman
Killing Spree

PostSubject: Re: Need new shit   September 24th 2011, 22:15

1. i don't want it for rage.

maybe bf3, enjoyed bf2bc...with people was hoping people would play the game. And i would like to have some kind of fps over 3.

I think the ram is legit. Mainly need a MB, pross, and HDD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The New Guy
Wicked Sick

PostSubject: Re: Need new shit   September 26th 2011, 17:43

Chances are your ram is crap. Post what kind it is you lazy nig.

Also, budget. Where the fuck is it? English mother fucker, Do you speak it?
Back to top Go down
ninojman
Killing Spree

PostSubject: Re: Need new shit   October 2nd 2011, 18:37

Budget... around a grand.
Ram? brb
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holy Shit!

Number of posts : 1503
Registration date : 2007-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Need new shit   October 2nd 2011, 22:38

ninojman wrote:
1. i don't want it for rage.

...by the way, Rage comes out in a few days. Anyone buying it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ninojman
Killing Spree

PostSubject: Re: Need new shit   October 3rd 2011, 16:30

so these v-cards will not even play bf3 so looks like i need all new stuff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holy Shit!

PostSubject: Re: Need new shit   October 4th 2011, 14:53

ninojman wrote:
so these v-cards will not even play bf3 so looks like i need all new stuff

Shit's getting expensive (and a hassel) to keep your comp up with the latest games. Which is why I own a PS3. $250.00 and you're gaming. No muss, no fuss, no drivers to download, no outdated RAM/MOBO/HD/CPU blah blah blah. I've been trying to tell myself that I NEED to buy a new comp, but with the lack of feedback from my EE clanmembers and others I respect regarding playing this game online, I can't convince myself that anyone is going to game this via computer.

So I'm sticking with PS3. It will play every new game that is on the horizon, all I have to do is go to gamestop and buy it and I'm done.

I bought a 7.0 digital headset with a crystal clear boom mic (turtle beach). And I just saw a mouse and small keyboard has now been developed for PS3, which takes away the last advantage the desktop/laptop computer had over console gameing.

I'm so done with computer gaming that I just uninstalled STEAM last week. That was hard to do!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The New Guy
Wicked Sick

PostSubject: Re: Need new shit   October 4th 2011, 19:26

It is all in the experience and what you want from games, garret.

I highly advise anyone who is on a small budget to NOT experience gaming @ 120Hz or above. Anything below that is just trash by comparison.
I really hate how I got sucked into the American electronic mentality of wanting the latest and greatest, but the move from 60 hz to 120 was slightly worth the cost.
As the market realizes that in rendered graphics (games), as opposed to pictures in sequence (movies), you can see a HUGE difference from frames above the 24fps standard.
When you have to perceive depth in a 3D rendered image, it changes everything about the experience and how smooth things can be.

Most console games are locked @ 24/30fps for performance reasons, so when I saw borderlands @ 30 fps on my friends PS3 it looked, played, and felt horribly sluggish.
It was almost a complete eyesore. My friend, Z, was rich as shit. After he saw the game on my PC, he bought/built a PC that could run games @ 120fps and got a 400$ 120hz monitor within a week.

Any PC gaming guys here who played Crysis can say they saw a difference between 24,30,40,50 and 60 fps during that demanding games' game-play.
It can keep going up; I can tell the difference @ 75,85,100,110, and 120fps.
Pretty sure the "cap" of what the human eye can see is simply however fast light travels between the display and my eyes when it comes to 3D rendering on a 2D plane.
I have not tried gaming in a real 3D settings with the glasses and shit, which this display can do. It seems like it would cause a headache.
Anyone gamed in real 3D?

Once the rest of the gaming market sees this difference, the demand will likely go up and that will help bring the price and availability of the hardware necessary down to a reasonable level.

--------->tl;dr : Okay nino, I will ask KILLER_K to post possible upgrades based on your budget...
Back to top Go down
The New Guy
Wicked Sick

PostSubject: Re: Need new shit   October 4th 2011, 19:29

Garrett wrote:
I'm so done with computer gaming that I just uninstalled STEAM last week. That was hard to do!

That will likely make Chem and Alex cry, for they will be in TeamSpeak playing BF3 and arguing over who gets to fly the jet planes.
Alex will stick to PC because his parents have a money-tree and he prefers a mouse to aim and rape people @ higher frame rates.

Would have been nice to have a real pilot weigh in on the scuffles.
I foresee Rico and Alex shooting each other in the back - quite a bit - in order to be the ones flying.
Back to top Go down
Holy Shit!

PostSubject: Re: Need new shit   October 4th 2011, 20:22

The New Guy wrote:
It is all in the experience and what you want from games, garret.

I highly advise anyone who is on a small budget to NOT experience gaming @ 120Hz or above. Anything below that is just trash by comparison.
I really hate how I got sucked into the American electronic mentality of wanting the latest and greatest, but the move from 60 hz to 120 was slightly worth the cost....

I've been computer gaming since you were in diapers TNG, so I know exactly what you are talking about Laughing

It's taken me this long to get off of the upgrade train, driven by nothing more than the desire to play the latest games. That has been a long 20 + years of throwing money at computer parts my friend. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE gaming on computers and understand that it is superior to console, but it's just not superior enough to PS3 (High Def 1080p) to warrent continued spending of dollars just to game on the comp any more. PS3 has bridged the gap, at least close enough for me. My real hang up has been the use of a controller instead of the superior mouse/keyboard setup. I'm competent enough now that I'm at least as good as I ever was (that aint saying much lol) in game, and the invention of a usb mouse and keyboard for console gaming has eradicated that old handicap. The other advantage is that consoles don't have the issue of gamers running cheats, wall hacks, aimbots etc. SOoo much better! We're all playing on a level field, the only thing slowing someone down may be a bit of lag from a poor connection. Not a prob for me, I downloadl at 6 mbps and upload at 3mbps. It allows me to game with guys in Australia and greater Asia all of the time with no lag issues on my end.

"Would have been nice to have a real pilot weigh in on the scuffles.
I foresee Rico and Alex shooting each other in the back - quite a bit - in order to be the ones flying."

That may be worth the price of admission after all!

Regards,
G.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ninojman
Killing Spree

PostSubject: Re: Need new shit   January 2nd 2012, 21:46

The New Guy wrote:
10:24 PM - {EE} The New Goy™: his goal is RAGe
10:24 PM - {EE} The New Goy™: he is a ID fan
10:24 PM - KILLER_K: hmmm
10:24 PM - KILLER_K: he can get a 2600k and a board for around 500 bucks
10:24 PM - KILLER_K: 8Gb or ram for another 50 bucks
10:25 PM - KILLER_K: so $550 shipped to him from newegg and he use his drives and gpu''s
10:25 PM - KILLER_K: depending if he has ddr3 he may can use his old ram
10:26 PM - KILLER_K: 300 for chip, like 200 for board, can get it for less and 50 for ram

links?

Looking at getting the parts. Would like to stay under 500 or close to it. Never got the ram info but it can be used for now if i can't find anything cheap.

Might get new v-cards in a year or two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need new shit   

Back to top Go down

Need new shit
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1