HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Rest in Peace {EE}Mike in Boston. We love you and you will never be forgotten.

Share | 

Gaming computer for $600.00

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ninojman
Killing Spree

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Gaming computer for $600.00   July 15th 2013, 18:31

Well garrett If you need this to get running I could pass it up.... I would love to upgrade and have the money at this point.

I do have an older rig....needs a new psu 939 socket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holy Shit!

Number of posts : 1503
Registration date : 2007-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Gaming computer for $600.00   July 15th 2013, 18:41

The two hard drives are both 7200 rpm etc. even the prices are the same lol. Do you prefer one over the other. I'm trying to keep costs down so this style hard drive is the path id take. And I'd guess that I take both video cards run in tandem as you describe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KILLER_K
First Blood

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Gaming computer for $600.00   July 15th 2013, 19:50

I'm just going to add a little information. As New guy has covered a lot of it.

Pci-Express bandwidth. This topic has been talked about over and over. Honestly a 690 can't even saturate a pci-express 8x bandwidth. Though if you are like me and you do HWBOT and benchmarks, the newer pic-express 2.0 - 3.0 is a welcome addition for the scores. You will not be able to tell the difference from 16x to a 8x in gaming or general pc usage. Same rule applies to ram, you will not see any difference in real world use between ram at 1,333Mhz versus 2,133Mhz and up. But benchmarking people need it for scores, etc. Most board will do full 16 x on both slots now. But make sure you read the mother board specs before purchasing it. Again they are still shared lanes on the motherboard.

As far as a ssd is concerned. This is one of the most important things you can upgrade to in a pc. You will notice a difference right away, once you add one. I use one for a main os and applications. It is almost instant when you are doing stuff. Compared to a mechanical hard drive that has to start rotating and spin up to get the data. This is a solid investment to do and you will not be disappointed.

Sound cards is a touchy subject to deal with. As this is based on a user to begin with. A great example would be this. Some people can hear certain tones and others cannot. Same applies to mp3s. Some can hear the difference going from a 128Kbs to a 320Kbps bit rate. Others simply can't tel a difference. I personally use flac for my music. This is the closest that I can get to true audio sound. The main reason most people go with a stand alone card is for the headphone amp and or the swappable op amps.

As New Guy stated Realtek has came long ways in their onboard sound solutions. And they have great driver support. If you are a audiophile and love sound. A true dedicated sound card will make a difference. Again the difference depends on the user. That will be left up to the buyer as they know their limits on what they can hear.

The 60Hz versus 120Hz and now the 140Hz issue. The 120Hz and 140Hz are great to have. Now we have light boost which is now just as fast as the old crt monitors was at playing games.We have truly came a long way on that piece of hardware. We now have 4K monitor/lcds out now. But it will hurt your wallet to purchase one of those bad boys. But the 120/140Hz monitors is a nice thing to have playing fps and other types of game. You will get a better overall feel when you are in the game as it will not be slow like a older 60Hz lcs/led monitor will.

Again nothing wrong with a 60Hz monitor but you hardcore gamers need the slight edge over the older technology. And ever little bit helps when you are online playing. I'm just waiting for the 30" 2560 x 1600 140-240Hz gaming monitors to come out myself. and actually be affordable to boot. But another good thing is the 3d part with the 120Hz/140Hz monitor. But this falls back on the user as some can't even see 3d. As everything there is a good and bad thing.

Once you start trying to push 120/140Hz monitors with the max eye candy. That is when two or more video cards start coming in handy. Most game at 1920 x 1080 these days. And a few like me like the more real estate on the monitor side. Where being to do more stuff on a single monitor comes in handy. I guess you can say this is where work and play meets. As 2560 x 1440/1600 makes huge difference on what you can do on a single page compared to a 1920 x 1080. But that is a whole different story.

If anyone here needs any help or anything like that. Please feel free to ask here or add me through steam. Steam id is KILLER_K for those who need it. Or you can relay a message to New Guy and he can contact me. Either way I'm glad to help anyone that needs it.

Thanks, KILLER_K
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The New Guy
Wicked Sick

Number of posts : 595
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Gaming computer for $600.00   July 15th 2013, 19:56

This is why I love Kenny.

Yay facts!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://evil-empire.forum-2007.com/
The New Guy
Wicked Sick

PostSubject: Re: Gaming computer for $600.00   July 15th 2013, 20:25

Garrett wrote:
The two hard drives are both 7200 rpm etc. even the prices are the same lol. Do you prefer one over the other. I'm trying to keep costs down so this style hard drive is the path id take. And I'd guess that I take both video cards run in tandem as you describe.

I would take the Seagate myself, as I have heard more from people experiencing failing Western Digital drives.
All of that is hearsay though. To be honest, your guess would be as good as mine, Garrett.
You may want to get 2 and RAID them, but I don't know if that will work with your budget.

And the drives I have (Samsung Spinpoint f3's) are no longer sold - else I would recommend the hell out of them.
Back to top Go down
Holy Shit!

PostSubject: Re: Gaming computer for $600.00   July 15th 2013, 20:48

Quite a bit of what Kenny wrote was right at the top of my level I understanding. So only 1 video card is necessary I I'm using an older 60-70hz moniter? And a swag ate will work for me. Not that I wouldn't want to go better but it's a cost issue. Good info though! So all together then TNG, with the seagate drive and 1 video card (if I understood Kenny correctly) what will the final price be? Is Niņo still interested?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The New Guy
Wicked Sick

PostSubject: Re: Gaming computer for $600.00   July 15th 2013, 21:11

CPU :: Core i7 930 (quad core) 2.8Ghz ---------------------> $ 90.00
RAM :: g.skill Ripjaws 6GB 2000Mhz -------------------------> $ 40.00
case :: Antec 900-two Mid-Tower (w/all optional fans)---> $ 40.00
PSU :: Kingwin Lazer 1000 watts ----------------------------> $ 75.00
Mobo :: (New/sealed) MSI X58A-GD45 Core i7 1366 -----> $ 120.00

Old Total :: -----------------------------------------------------> $ 365.00

Plus :
VGA :: (1) used EVGA GTX 570--------------------------> 1*( $95.00)
HDD :: (1) New Seagate 1 TB--------------------------------> $ 70.00

Sub Total (IDK shipping yet) :: ----------------------------> $ 530.00

Will be assembled and ready to go + shipped in single large package.

As for the VGA thing, my opinion is that if you get both cards - you will be able to have full eye candy on new games for a long while.
That is, of course, assuming you stay at 1920x1080x32 @ 60Hz.

But again, one card should do you fine - and I can always sell the second to Grain or Nino.
Back to top Go down
KILLER_K
First Blood

PostSubject: Re: Gaming computer for $600.00   July 15th 2013, 21:18

Update a little info on those hard drives.

* Western digital bought out Maxtor. And Maxtor bought out Quantum HDD. Plus Western Digital bought out {Toshiba) Hitachi also.
* Seagate bought out Samsung. As most perhaps remember the floor that happened. Driving hard drive prices sky high. Or 2x the price it normally was.

The F3's which is what I still use also is just labeled as a Seagate instead of the Samsung label. Luckily they have reviews to read. and help make decisions and some will post reviews that actually don't own the product. I base mine off of warranty, failure rate and real owner usage.

The New Guy wrote:
Garrett wrote:

And the drives I have (Samsung Spinpoint f3's) are no longer sold - else I would recommend the hell out of them.

This also depends on the video cards power and what settings you tend to run. But most likely it will max out almost 95% of the games today. Some games it is just honestly too hard to max out. Unless you are willing to spend $600 - $1000 for a video card. and when that happens you get tot he point of no return. you have to find the sweet spot as sometimes 3 gpu's is only 5% better and you spent all that money. Unless you are running 3 monitors or more and the extra gpu will be dedicated to one monitor.

Honestly you just have to make up your mind what you are wanting to do, play comfortably or max out a game with all eye candy (a.k.a max settings). It is something we can't decide for you. Only you and how deep your wallet is. The good thing is, If you decide one gpu isn't good enough that you can get another and add to it later on.

Thanks, KILLER_K

Garrett wrote:
Quite a bit of what Kenny wrote was right at the top of my level I understanding. So only 1 video card is necessary I I'm using an older 60-70hz moniter?  And a swag ate will work for me. Not that I wouldn't want to go better but it's a cost issue. Good info though!  So all together then TNG, with the seagate drive and 1 video card (if I understood Kenny correctly) what will the final price be?  Is Niņo still interested?

Last edited by KILLER_K on July 15th 2013, 22:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holy Shit!

PostSubject: Re: Gaming computer for $600.00   July 15th 2013, 22:19

Thanks Kenny. And TNG as well. TNG, if you can get a confirmation that Niņo is not interested (you offered it to me first anyhow) then I think we have a deal. And I'll have you stick that second video card in a well for an extra $95.00. Is the Windows op system still in the original box or is it just a disk you have? I appreciate you working on this for me. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The New Guy
Wicked Sick

PostSubject: Re: Gaming computer for $600.00   July 15th 2013, 22:30

Garrett wrote:
Thanks Kenny. And TNG as well. TNG, if you can get a confirmation that Niņo is not interested (you offered it to me first anyhow) then I think we have a deal. And I'll have you stick that second video card in a well for an extra $95.00. Is the Windows op system still in the original box or is it just a disk you have?  I appreciate you working on this for me. Thanks!
I believe Nino already said how he was deferring or leaving the deal to you, but I will ask him right after this post.

The windows 7 is in a box I have, and I have used it on my PC and can continue to do so with the 2 keys I have.
I can burn a copy of the Windows 7: Ultimate base files and include a handwritten copy of the key I used for your PC.
I can also set up your Windows Login as password for you, if you'd like; that way I can get all the updates squared away for you.
Because of kenny, I think I can get you Malwarebytes Pro as well.

And no problem Garrett, for you are actually helping me upgrade to a x78 build with 2 GTX 670's.
I love how ASUS made this possible by getting me a like-new $420.00 motherboard.

I think you will quite enjoy playing BF3 and 4 at constant 60 fps with the rest of EE.

Should be fun.
Back to top Go down
KILLER_K
First Blood

PostSubject: Re: Gaming computer for $600.00   July 15th 2013, 22:36

No problem at all Garrett. I'm glad it helped you out and glad everyone is happy. Hopefully we can do this again. Thanks for letting me post here and adding some information to the thread.

Thanks, KILLER_K
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ninojman
Killing Spree

PostSubject: Re: Gaming computer for $600.00   July 15th 2013, 23:03

You first..... need a 920
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The New Guy
Wicked Sick

PostSubject: Re: Gaming computer for $600.00   July 16th 2013, 12:57

So Garrett, I am pretty sure he means:
ninojman wrote:
[Garrett,] You [get the deal] first..... [I just] need a 920 [CPU and socket 1366 motherboard]

So, it seems we haz a deal Garrett. I will be assembling the pieces over the next two weeks and I hope to have it all shipped to you - ready to play - by the second week in august.

I first have to square away my ongoing business with ASUS - and I currently live/sleep in 3 different places so I don't violate anyone's lease (was suddenly evicted by my last Landlady.)
I still have an area to work on all of this, but I just don't live there.

The subtotal now is $625.00 - I will likely use USPS to ship in the box that my current case (Coolermaster HAF-X) was sold in with styrofoam and ghost-poop galore.

Do you get any deals with personal shipments from UPS?
I guess I should first ask if you still work for them and stuff...
but regardless, if you know of a better shipping solution, please share.
I will be shipping it out from in-or-around Clarksburg, Maryland, ZIP 20871.

As soon as we square away shipping costs, I will give yah a final bill and then I'll get to work.

EDIT(1): My peliminary shipping calculations put the shipping @ $28.45 for USPS Standard Shipping
http://postcalc.usps.com/MailServices.aspx?m=7&p=40&o=0&dz=40256&oz=20871&pob=0&MailingDate=8/5/2013&MailingTime=8:00%20AM&rect=True&l=26&h=24&w=12&g=0#

That would but the base total @ $ 654.00
Somehow, I don't think you'll want FedEx (sorry chem) and I will go price UPS now...

EDIT(2): Nevermind on me checking UPS; they want me to make some account just to get a shipping quote. I am willing to bet you can calculate UPS better than I, Garrett, so I will let you handle that and await word from you.
Back to top Go down
Holy Shit!

PostSubject: Re: Gaming computer for $600.00   July 16th 2013, 19:53

Yep USPS will be the most affordable. The only thing I ask is that you go ahead and pay for the insurance for the total value of the rig. I'll compensate you for that of course. I'm excited about it! Now I'll have to relearn mouse and keyboard gaming. It'll be frustrating I'm sure lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The New Guy
Wicked Sick

PostSubject: Re: Gaming computer for $600.00   July 16th 2013, 22:07

http://postcalc.usps.com/ExtraServices.aspx?m=7&p=40&o=0&dz=40256&oz=20871&pob=0&MailingDate=8%2f5%2f2013&MailingTime=8%3a00+AM&time=Sat%2c+Aug+10&rect=True&l=26&h=24&w=12&g=0&mt=15

Look good? May I round it off to $40.00 like the asshole I am? Razz
It is insured for $700.00 and the total now would be $665.00 if you let me round shipping to 40.

EDIT: And I guess the link didn't work for seeing the insurance, but now that I think about it, if it does get fucked up - most of those components don't exist on retail market anymore (the fuckers;) would it be alright if I insured the package for $1000.00 for $42.00 flat? (From $41.40 base.)

You can fill the form in yourself and see what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Holy Shit!

PostSubject: Re: Gaming computer for $600.00   July 17th 2013, 03:34

Yep $42.00.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KILLER_K
First Blood

PostSubject: Re: Gaming computer for $600.00   July 17th 2013, 11:56

Have you two worked out the payment plan yet? I like paypal but they do charge a fee to do it. Unless you use the "gift" option when you pay. But then that leaves no protection for buyer. Some like just sending the added amount to cover the paypal fees. But we all have to support them in one way or another. You also have Amazon payments, which you don't get charged. But the down side of that is, no protection because the item(s) isn't listed on Amazon.

Quote :
Example for paypal fees: $700.00

After PayPal takes their fees from $700.00 you'll receive:

$679.40, So a $20.60 dollar handling fee.

Code:
2.9% + $0.30 Per Transaction Per PAYPAL Fee
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The New Guy
Wicked Sick

PostSubject: Re: Gaming computer for $600.00   July 17th 2013, 12:28

I think Paypal would be the best, and my address is shughe31@gmail.com.

I suppose I will link my bank account and make it a "full" membership so we have full protections going on.

Whatchu think, garrett?
Back to top Go down
Holy Shit!

PostSubject: Re: Gaming computer for $600.00   July 18th 2013, 10:46

I was just going to send you a certified check drawn from my bank and send it to you USPS once I get the computer. Just like buying a used car etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The New Guy
Wicked Sick

PostSubject: Re: Gaming computer for $600.00   July 18th 2013, 17:44

Well...
I hope this does not displease you too much, Garrett.

And, I really wish that an after-service payment could be the viable option in this situation, but at this particular point in my life, it is not.
Obviously, I know you are good for your money/side-of-the-bargain - so it is not that.

The fault lies with me; I have about $174.34 to my name right now.

I would need the advance payment to get and assemble the Mobo and HDD (about 200.00)
And I would like to be able to buy a video card (250.00) so I can stay running after I assemble your PC, but that - of course - is not really all that necessary.

I forgot to get my spare PSU when I headed up to my storage container yesterday, but I will have it today. Everything else (besides mobo and HDD) is in order, and all the components I give you will have original packages included, so you can RMA any single one that goes bad (such as a video card.) If you don't overclock, I doubt anything will break down, but this way you can get a free potential replacement. You will have to register at EVGA's website so that I can transfer ownership of the warranty to you. Currently, it is a lifetime warranty on the cards (they were 470's - but were upgraded to 570's,) but I think that it will be trimmed/capped down to 1-3 years after I transfer them to you. No one does lifetime warranty anymore, just 3 years max.

The status quo of crowd-based/aftermarket component sales is upfront payment in full with websites like heatware.com rating sellers and forums like hardfroum.com tracking all terms of sales. We didn't do any of that, obviously. I'll be totally flexible dawg - but I won't be able to assemble anything without some cash upfront. My net income next month will be $400.00 but that won't consider things like food and Diesel.

Once I link my bank account info to paypal (doing that now) you would be (hypothetically) protected from any mis-service or dishonest/failed transactions - but they would add a sizeable rake/fee as Kenny said.

Let me know how you feel, and I can totally take a mailed check.
It is a bit old school, but avoids lots of fees. I like that.

EDIT: So, nevermind on the Video Cards - you would just go through me to get any RMA service you needed.
6:20 PM - KILLER_K: You can't pass the warranty on the 570's to him. You can however change the shipping address to him if he even need to rma a gpu though.
6:21 PM - KILLER_K: You might like to correct that information on your post.
6:21 PM - KILLER_K: all EVGA warranties before July 1st, 2011 are non-transferable, any products purchased second-hand from ANY second-hand source are NOT warrantied by EVGA.

And that^ is why. I got my original cards before that date.
One way or another, all components will stay covered.
Back to top Go down
Holy Shit!

PostSubject: Re: Gaming computer for $600.00   July 19th 2013, 00:47

Ok let me consider it then. I'll get back with you by the end if the weekend.

Regards,

Garrett
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{EE}chEmicalbuRn
Admin

Number of posts : 2470
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Gaming computer for $600.00   July 23rd 2013, 12:23

The New Guy wrote:
Well...
I hope this does not displease you too much, Garrett.

And, I really wish that an after-service payment could be the viable option in this situation, but at this particular point in my life, it is not.
Obviously, I know you are good for your money/side-of-the-bargain - so it is not that.

The fault lies with me; I have about $174.34 to my name right now.

I would need the advance payment to get and assemble the Mobo and HDD (about 200.00)
And I would like to be able to buy a video card (250.00) so I can stay running after I assemble your PC, but that - of course - is not really all that necessary.

I forgot to get my spare PSU when I headed up to my storage container yesterday, but I will have it today. Everything else (besides mobo and HDD) is in order, and all the components I give you will have original packages included, so you can RMA any single one that goes bad (such as a video card.) If you don't overclock, I doubt anything will break down, but this way you can get a free potential replacement. You will have to register at EVGA's website so that I can transfer ownership of the warranty to you. Currently, it is a lifetime warranty on the cards (they were 470's - but were upgraded to 570's,) but I think that it will be trimmed/capped down to 1-3 years after I transfer them to you. No one does lifetime warranty anymore, just 3 years max.

The status quo of crowd-based/aftermarket component sales is upfront payment in full with websites like heatware.com rating sellers and forums like hardfroum.com tracking all terms of sales. We didn't do any of that, obviously. I'll be totally flexible dawg - but I won't be able to assemble anything without some cash upfront. My net income next month will be $400.00 but that won't consider things like food and Diesel.

Once I link my bank account info to paypal (doing that now) you would be (hypothetically) protected from any mis-service or dishonest/failed transactions - but they would add a sizeable rake/fee as Kenny said.

Let me know how you feel, and I can totally take a mailed check.
It is a bit old school, but avoids lots of fees. I like that.

EDIT: So, nevermind on the Video Cards - you would just go through me to get any RMA service you needed.
6:20 PM - KILLER_K: You can't pass the warranty on the 570's to him. You can however change the shipping address to him if he even need to rma a gpu though.
6:21 PM - KILLER_K: You might like to correct that information on your post.
6:21 PM - KILLER_K: all EVGA warranties before July 1st, 2011 are non-transferable, any products purchased second-hand from ANY second-hand source are NOT warrantied by EVGA.

And that^ is why. I got my original cards before that date.
One way or another, all components will stay covered.

lmao....just reading thru this and everything was going great until the two jewish niggers brought the deal to a crashing halt when it came to actually SENDING the money and building the machine rabbit

The New Guy
Wicked Sick

PostSubject: Re: Gaming computer for $600.00   July 23rd 2013, 12:44

Oh yeah. ...kinda forgot about this.

My quest for housing and income taking some precedent, of course. Razz
I am also trying to form a company for a new web-community and gameDEV, but I'll post a draft of the business plan in the members section laters.

Chemmy, Why might I be a jewish nigger?

I can still sell the components individually, but I thought to assemble for free.

In fact, if Garret still wants the deal I will be throwing in a Corsair h50 enclosed Hydro CPU cooler at no extra cost.
After making a cardboard box PC with my old Rampage 3 board (for backing data up - my RAID_0 got fucking gay on me) I have found the stock cooler of Intel's to be utter shit. I wouldn't leave that as a cooling solution to anyone, not even Fearsome. For the record, I would document all stages of building the darn thing (be it for garret or nino) for transparency - as well as install shiz like Windows 7 Ultimate (my MSDN key just worked fine on my re-install) and Malwarebytes (same deal) for free as well.

I am still technically homeless (I rotate apartments so I don't violate anyone's lease) so this extra case and hardware is eating up the little space I have in my 'office.'

But again, if the deal is not what you are looking for, Garrett, please lemme know so I can pester Nino and Alex in order to get this stuffz all squared away, for my sister is not happy about the clutter (she uses a wheelchair.)
Back to top Go down
Holy Shit!

PostSubject: Re: Gaming computer for $600.00   July 23rd 2013, 21:15

I've held you up too long. See if niņo or Alex are still interested.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ninojman
Killing Spree

PostSubject: Re: Gaming computer for $600.00   July 26th 2013, 21:55

Done.... Deal was so good I had a baby

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaming computer for $600.00